I am currently in the stage of the course where I have enough coursework to complete this post! I have decided to complete a proposal feedback post to see how tightly I have stuck to my proposal regarding my aims and intentions, and what more I could possibly include.
Today I gained audience feedback with Jess whom is a media student. We looked at each others works and gave comments regarding what we thought was successful and what could be potentially improved. With just recently creating my first draft of my digipak and advert I felt the need to gain different perspectives on what I could improve. I decided to choose Jess to complete this as she is a high achieving media student, and is in the process of A levels herself which shows she is knowledgeable in this field. It was also really useful to provide feedback for her work, as this provided inspiration but was also insightful to see how differing music genres cause a shift of colour scheme, and representations of protagonists.
Here is my first draft for my digipak. I created this via InDesign which also provided me with a template.
I still have a lot of areas to work on, for example the blank photographs, and the title page. To make my digipak successful when folded, I also need to flip the top section of the digipak so it is upside down, meaning it would be the correct way up when folded. I shall be experimenting with different fonts and I shall also be including some song lyrics on the blank images! Overall I am happy with the aesthetic of my digipak, it is vibrant and has a green and blue colour scheme which I intended prior the creation of my piece. I shall be working on this in the future.
I have recently been working on my digipak. I shall be updating my process and including in more detail the pros and cons.
This lesson I began inserting the text and particular detail for my digipak. This is quite a time consuming process as I want my digipak to look conventional. I have included key conventions such as bar codes, the actual CD, and some small logos which refer to the companies that distribute Coldplay’s music. I have yet to include social media tags. I think I shall include this in a small font amongst one of the images that I have not included any writing in. I am also planning on including some song lyrics in the empty spaces which will relate the digipak closer to my music video. So far I have obtained the colour scheme of green and blue. I would like to further explore different style of fonts as I feel that InDesign does not have a lot to offer that would suit my aesthetic.
Here is an Emaze I created discussing my editing steps on premier! This is the steps I took to result in my first draft. To access the file, select the picture below and you shall be navigated to a new tab to view the file.
Here I have completed inputting the images in for digipak. This was quite time consuming regarding the editing of the images, and choosing what would be the best for the front cover, back cover and the other squares. I found a basic template via Google images, I then pasted this onto an InDesign document, and then started inputting the images. This saved me time when measuring the squares. This also made the layout for my digipak conventional and appropriate.
I have also completed the title of the band and the title of the album. Here I shall be playing and testing the boundaries of conventions by including a range of different fonts. I have also included the CD cover which is the circle of the world. I shall be adding some text onto this page, however I am happy with the image selection. I have also included the template which I used for my digipak. I felt that it was essential to include as this offered me great help in the creation of this photo template.
My next stage is to put in the text, and then I shall have a final first draft of a digipak. I wanted to post this so I could record my progress which would be essential for my evaluation and self reflection.
I have created a file on InDesign which demonstrates my experimentation of different styles of fonts. I feel that this was essential prior to the creation of my digipak, as this will contain quite a lot of styles and fonts. I just used the standard fonts provided on Indesign. To potentially expand my horizons I could research into some more fonts via websites. However, I am pleased with the fonts I have found therefore I shall be leaving my font exploration at this.